Surplus Sale Manager and Assistant Manager
Description: This position is responsible for the pick-up and delivery of merchandise from donors and to customers, safely packing the merchandise
in the Surplus Sale truck and trailer, returning to Surplus Sale and unpacking merchandise.
Employee Status: Non-exempt, hourly at 8 hours per week, 9-5:00 on Saturdays. Pay $10/hour
1. General Duties
- Load and unload all donated materials
- Screen for product usability.
- Communicate with Surplus Sale Manager and Assistant
Manager regarding incoming donations.
- Work with and occasionally supervise volunteers, making
their experience meaningful.
- Drive PHFH vehicles to pick-up and deliver donated
- Maintain an effective working relationship with Surplus
Sale staff, volunteers, Habitat homeowners and Surplus Sale customers.
- As needed answer telephone and provide Surplus Sale
information, directions, meeting the caller’s needs.
- As needed help keep Surplus Sale receiving area neat and
- Screen for product usability when donors call or bring in
- Other duties as assigned by Surplus Sale
2. Required Skills /
- Must have a driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to work Saturdays.
- Experience driving a 14’ box (delivery) truck and CDL preferred.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check.
- Strong teamwork, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
- Good attention to detail and priority on safety.
- Be comfortable working in a retail/warehouse environment.
- Able to lift 100 pounds.
- Able to spend majority of the day standing or moving. Work may require climbing
ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be willing to become familiar with Habitat for Humanity’s mission and purpose, to
embrace the Surplus Sale’s role in Habitat’s work to build and repair home homes for local low income families, to understand the Christian foundation of this ministry.